A goal in each half by Joseph Mandelson against East Kilbride was enough for Queen’s to collect all three points on Wednesday night.

Queen’s were coming into this game on the back of a win over Albion Rovers. East Kilbride’s last result was a 2-2 draw with Morton.

The weather was perfect for entertaining football.  Dry, no wind and not too cold.

Two minutes into the game Ali Miller was pulled down inside the six yard box.  The referee awarded a penalty. Joseph Manderson stepped up and converted.  A great start for the young Spiders.

East Kilbride took that knock and fought back dominating the game.

In the 15th minute Owen Stott had to look lively to block an East Kilbride attack.

Queen’s started to win back possession.  They controlled the midfield, knocking the ball about well but still could not open up the East Kilbride defence.

In the 25th minute the East Kilbride keeper pulled off a great save. Joseph Manderson latched onto a great cross from the right and headed the ball into the far corner of the goal.  The East Kilbride keeper managed to dive to his right to push the ball behind for a corner.

In the 29th minute Queen’s had Owen Stott to thank again.  East Kilbride attacked down the left.  Their winder cut inside and fired a low show which Owen managed to block with his feet.  A great save.

At this stage the East Kilbride number 11 was causing Queen’s problems with his fast direct running down the left.

Half time: Queen’s Park 1 East Kilbride 0

In the 54th minute East Kilbride equalised.  A free kick wide right was played into the Queen’s box.  Owen Stott rose to collect the ball but the ball was spilled to the East Kilbride number 8 who looped it over the defence into the net.

After this goal Queen’s took their foot off the gas.  There was no urgency in their play.  They were second to every ball and looked in danger of falling behind. As in previous games their decision making was poor and passing slack.

In the 62nd minute Queen’s freshened things up replacing Aaron Black with Declan Walsh and Ronan McLaughlin with Andy Mclaughlin.

In the 65th minute East Kilbride came close to taking the lead with a couple of corners in a row which narrowly missed the target.

In the 83rd minute Queen’s had a great fast break when Joseph Manderson played Andy Mclaughlin in with a superb pass.  Andy cut in and fired in a shot which was blocked for a corner.

From the corner Queen’s took the lead. The ball was cut back to Calvin McGrory who fired the ball into the East Kilbride six yard box.  Joseph Manderson pounced on the ball and shot past the keeper into the net.

Full time: Queen’s Park 2 East Kilbride 2

Queen’s Park: Owen Stott, James Grant, Cameron Dickson, Luke McColl, Andrew Henderson, Jordan Pender, Aaron Black (62mins Declan Walsh ), Calvin McGrory, Joseph Manderson, Ronan McLaughlin (62mins Andy Mclaughlin), Alistair Miller.

Subs:  Anthony McGuire,  Aaron Mooney, Lewis Sanderson.