Queen’s 20s failed to score and consequently lost their second game in a row against a strong Clyde side yesterday at Broadwood astro.

Clyde had only won one game so far this season, sitting second from bottom.  Queen’s were hoping to bounce back from their first defeat in the league and go top of the table once more.

A sunny but cool and dry day welcomed both side to the pitch.

Clyde started the game brightly and had a chance to take the lead in the third minute but excellent goal keeping by Owen Stott denied them.

Queen’s responded by putting the Clyde defence under pressure.  The interpassing and movement of the Queen’s midfielders was incredible at this stage but they couldn’t find their way to the Clyde goal.

In the 14th minute Queen’s created a great chance when Joseph Manderson headed a superb cross narrowly past the post.

In the 22nd minute Jospeh Manderson found himself through on goal only for the Clyde keeper to pull off a fine save.

Two minutes later Clyde missed a golden opportunity to go ahead with a header missing the target.

In the 32nd minute Clyde opened the scoring.  From a free kick level with the goal line wide left the Clyde number 3 headed the ball into the net.

Half time: Clyde 1 Queen’s Park 0

Clyde started the second half, as with the first half, very strongly.  They pushed Queen’s back and put them under a lot of pressure.

Queen’s fought their way back into the game and were playing some superb football in midfield.  However their final ball was either intercepted or wildly over ambitious.

In the 59th minute Queen’s made three substitutions.  Replacing Luke McCall, Ronan McLaughlin and Ali Miller with Aaron Black, Daniel Crawley and Aaron Mooney.

In the 69th minute Queen’s had another great chance to draw level.  A great pass by Joseph Manderson to Andy McLaughlan who was clear on the right.  Andy fired in a low shot only for the Clyde keeper to superbly push the ball away.

In the 74th minute Clyde were awarded a penalty when their player was pulled down inside the Queen’s box. Their number nine converted to take the score to 2-0.

Full time: Clyde 2 Queen’s Park 0

Queen’s Park:  Owen Stott, Luke McCall (59mins Aaron Black), Cameron Dickson, Declan Walsh, Andrew Henderson, Anthony McGuire, Andrew McLaughlin (59mins Aaron Mooney), James Grant, Joseph Manderson, Ronan McLaughlin, Alistair Miller (59mins Daniel Crawley)

Subs: Lewis Sanderson (GK)